Phone / Extension No.
Saturday : 8.30am- 12.30pm
Sunday/Public Holidays : Closed
Dr. Lim Li Han 林利翰医生
MBBS (Malaya), MRCP (UK)
Dr. Lim graduated with distinction from the University of Malaya in 2007 and obtained the Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom in 2010.
Professional Memberships & Certifications:
- National Specialist Register Board Certified Specialist in Nephrology
- National Specialist Register Board Certified Specialist in Internal Medicine
What is the role of a Nephrologist?
A Nephrologist is a Physician specializing in diseases of the kidney and is an expert in the management of a variety of kidney diseases including those that arise from illnesses such as SLE. Other fields of expertise are in Dialysis, Transplantation, Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances, Hypertension and the medical management of kidney stones.
When do you need to see a Nephrologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Nephrologist if you experience:
- Pain during urination or changes in frequency or volume of urination.
- Urine that has presence of protein or blood.
- Facial puffiness, abdominal bloating or leg swelling that may suggest presence of kidney disease.
- Lethargy, reduced appetite, nausea, vomiting, metallic taste in mouth that may suggest toxin buildup from kidney failure.
- Blood tests that show abnormalities in electrolytes (e.g. Sodium, Potassium, Bicarbonate).
- Blood tests that show abnormalities in kidney function (e.g. Creatinine or GFR).
- Diabetes Mellitus related kidney damage.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- Kidney failure on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis or transplantation.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD).