Admission & Discharge
In order to minimize the time spent in admission, patients at OMSMC pre-register. So prior to being admitted to the hospital for a scheduled procedure, patient will have spoken with their physician, nurse or officers at the Business Office in regards to food and liquid restrictions or other pre-surgical requirements and will have filed out all of the necessary paperwork.
In order to ensure safety, we would require the following documents upon admission:-
- Referral letter, if any
- Insurance Medical Card, for insurance cases
- Investigation reports from other hospitals, if any
- Insurance policy certificate (compulsory for Japanese Patients)
- Contact information and emergency notification information
For your comfort and convenience, we will provide the patient attire and our rooms are equipped with satellite television and free Wi-Fi access. You will just need to bring your existing medication if any as well as your preferred reading materials.
A deposit will be required at the time of admission. The amount will depend on the type of cases and the room requested. We are regret to inform you that we do NOT accept personal cheques.
For questions about pre-registration or insurance related admission, please call:-
- Pre-registration (+606) 315 8802
- Insurance related admission (+606) 315 8804
When patient is fit for discharge, the primary doctor will initiate the discharge process and the payment can be done at the satellite payment counter at the ward area.
Please informed that the check-out time is 1.00pm. For discharge after 1.00pm, an additional ½ day room fee will be charged subject to the availability of the room.
Please be advised that the FULL bill must be settled before you leave the hospital.
Important Discharge Reminder
For your safety, it is advised that a relative or friend accompany you home
- Check with the attending nurse if there is any take home medication to collect from the ward satellite pharmacy and ensure that you understand the instructions regarding their use
- All major credit card payments are accepted
- ATM machine is available at the level 1, atrium area.
Please notify the attending nurse if you would like to have the wheelchair assistance when your are leaving.
Click on these links to know more!