Phone / Extension No.
Dr. Jai Kaviraj Nehru Jai Neru
MBBS (MAHE), MSpMed (UM)
What is the role of a Sports Physician?
A sports physician specializes in the medical care of athletes and individuals who participate in sports or physical activities. They also specialize in the non-operative treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. Their role is to diagnose, treat, and prevent injuries related to sports and exercise. They also provide guidance on training, nutrition, and rehabilitation to help athletes optimize their performance and recover from injuries.
When do you need to meet a Sports Physician?
You are advised to seek medical advice from the Sports Physician when you have the following conditions:
- A sports-related injury or pain that is affecting your ability to participate in sports or physical activities.
- Common musculoskeletal problems, such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries.
- Chronic medical conditions which require exercise prescription, such as hypertension, diabetes and obesity.
- Need guidance on how to prevent injuries and optimize your performance in sports.
- Need assistance with developing a training program or improving your fitness level.
- Require advice on nutrition and hydration for sports and exercise.
- Need help in managing chronic conditions or medical issues that may impact your sports performance.
- Need guidance on proper rehabilitation and recovery after a sports injury.
- Need a medical clearance to participate in a sport or activity due to a pre-existing health condition.
- Have concerns about the overall health and well-being of an athlete.