Phone / Extension No.
Dr. Tai Yong Ting 戴勇定医生
MBBS (UM), MRCP (UK), Fellowship in Endocrinology (M’sia)
Dr. Tai graduated from University Malaya in 2010 and subsequently obtained his Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom in 2016. He pursued his interest in Endocrinology and completed his sub-specialty training under the Ministry of Health Malaysia in 2022.
What is the role of a Consultant Physician & Endocrinologist?
A Consultant Physician & Endocrinologist is a medical specialist who focuses on diagnosing and treating disorders related to hormones and the endocrine system. They play a crucial role in managing conditions such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, hormonal imbalances, and more. Their responsibilities include conducting thorough medical evaluations, ordering relevant tests, interpreting results, and creating personalized treatment plans. They often work with patients to educate them about their conditions, provide guidance on lifestyle modifications, prescribe medications, and coordinate care with other specialists when needed. Overall, their expertise helps individuals maintain hormonal balance and manage various endocrine-related health issues.
When do you need to see a Consultant Physician & Endocrinologist?
If you are experiencing any of the following issues or suspect you have an endocrine-related condition, seeking advice from an Endocrinologist is essential.
- Diabetes: If you have diabetes or suspect you might have it, an endocrinologist can help manage your blood sugar levels and prevent complications.
- Thyroid Issues: If you experience symptoms like weight changes, fatigue, or changes in mood, an endocrinologist can assess and treat thyroid disorders such as hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
- Hormonal Imbalances: If you notice changes in your menstrual cycle, reproductive issues, or unusual hair growth, an endocrinologist can diagnose and manage hormonal imbalances.
- Obesity: If you’re struggling with weight management and related health issues, an endocrinologist can offer specialized guidance and treatments.
- Metabolic Disorders: If you have metabolic disorders like lipid disorders or metabolic syndrome, an endocrinologist can provide strategies to improve your metabolic health.
- Adrenal Disorders: If you experience symptoms like high blood pressure, unusual weight gain, or fatigue, an endocrinologist can evaluate and treat adrenal gland disorders.
- Pituitary Gland Issues: If you have symptoms related to growth, reproduction, or other hormonal functions, an endocrinologist can assess and manage pituitary gland disorders.
- Cancer: If you have endocrine-related cancers (e.g., thyroid cancer), an endocrinologist can be part of your multidisciplinary care team.
- Complex Endocrine Cases: If your condition involves multiple hormonal systems, an endocrinologist’s expertise can help diagnose and manage complex cases.
- Osteoporosis and calcium disorder: When you have osteoporosis fracture, low vitamin D level, high or low calcium in your body, an endocrinologist can diagnose and manage the conditions.