Phone / Extension No.
Saturday : 8.30am- 12.30pm
Dr. Nurrul Satiah Bt. Alias
MD (USM), MMED (USM)
Dr. Nurrul Satiah is a certified and registered Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. She received her medical degree from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2007 and her Master’s Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2017.
What is the role of an Obstetrics & Gynaecologist?
Obstetrician & Gynaecologist deals with pap smear, uterine, ovaries or vaginal infections, fertility problems or contraception, tubal ligations, hysterectomies, as well as pregnancy, post-natal/post-partum care and delivery.
When do you need to see an Obstetrics & Gynaecologist?
You should always seek medical advice from an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist if:
- It has been three months or more since your last period.
- You have stomach pain, fever, and fluid coming from your vagina that is yellow, grey, or green with a strong smell which are possible signs of a serious condition called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) that needs immediate treatment.
- You are having problems with your period, like a lot of pain, bleeding heavily, or bleeding for longer than usual, or it has stopped coming regularly.
- You have not gotten your period by the age of 15 or within three years of when your breasts started to grow.
- When you have difficulty to conceive, to give birth or to have pregnancy spacing for your family.