Phone / Extension No.
Sat : 8.30am – 12.30pm
Dr. Mohd Hanizam B. Jaafar
MBBS (Malaya), Master in Internal Medicine (Malaya)
Fellowship in Gastroenterology (M’sia), CMIA
Dr. Mohd Hanizam Bin Jaafar is certified by the National Specialist Registry as a Consultant Physician, Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist.
What is the role of a Consultant Physician, Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist?
Internal Medicine deals with the Adult Medicine. Common internal medical problems are hypertension, diabetes mellitus, infections, ischaemic heart disease, stroke, lungs diseases and rheumatism. Gastroenterology & Hepatology is a subspecialty of Internal Medicine. A Consultant Physician, Gastroenterologist & Hepatologis is a physician specialized in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, small bowel, large bowel) as well as hepatobiliary system (liver, gallbladder, pancreas).
When do you need to see a Consultant Physician, Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Consultant Physician, Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist if you experience:
- Heartburn and reflux symptoms.
- Tummy pain (anywhere on the abdomen).
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Vomiting especially if it is blood or passing out blood.
- Lethargy, nausea, poor appetite.
- Jaundice (yellowish eyes and dark-colored urine).
- Told to have any form of hepatitis / liver problem / cirrhosis.
- Told to have Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
- Told to have Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Any problems regarding alcoholism.