Phone / Extension No.
Saturday : 8:30am to 12:30pm
Sunday and Public Holidays : Closed
Dr. Julian Tey Hock Chuan 郑福泉医生
MD (UKM) MRCP (UK) Fellowship in Cardiology (Mal)
Dr Julian Tey graduated as a Doctor of Medicine from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) in year 2008. He obtained his post-graduate membership from Royal College of Physician (UK) in 2013.
He completed Cardiology sub-specialty training under the Ministry of Health Malaysia in 2020. He has various publications and presented at conferences both nationally and internationally.
What is the role of a Cardiologist?
Cardiology is a branch of Internal Medicine dealing with disorders of the heart. A cardiologist is a physician who specializes in this field of medicine. This includes medical diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology.
When do you need to see a Cardiologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Cardiologist if you experience:
- Sudden onset of chest pain on exertion or at rest.
- Shortness of breath on exertion or at rest.
- Palpitation or abnormal heart beats.
- Giddiness or lethargy associated with weak pulse or slow heart beat.
- Legs swelling with shortness of breath.
- Difficulty in breathing especially when lying down.
- Loss of consciousness preceded by chest pain or palpitation.
- Progressively reduce effort tolerance over the days.
- History of heart attack or any heart disease.
- Uncomfortable feeling in the chest with positive family history of heart disease or sudden death.