Phone / Extension No.
Saturday: 8.30am – 12.30pm
Dr. Hartini Binti Mohd Yusof
MD (UKM), MRCP (UK),CCDS (IBHRE)
Fellowship in Cardiology (Malaysia)
Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing (IJN)
Dr Hartini Mohd Yusof received her medical degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2004. She received Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom in 2012 and Fellowship of Cardiology in 2019 alongside with Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing.
What is the role of a Cardiologist?
Cardiology is a branch of Internal Medicine dealing with disorders of the heart. A cardiologist is a physician who specializes in this field of medicine. This includes medical diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology.
When do you need to see a Cardiologist?
You should always seek medical advice from a Cardiologist if you experience:
- Sudden onset of chest pain on exertion or at rest.
- Shortness of breath on exertion or at rest.
- Palpitation or abnormal heart beats.
- Giddiness or lethargy associated with weak pulse or slow heart beat.
- Legs swelling with shortness of breath.
- Difficulty in breathing especially when lying down.
- Loss of consciousness preceded by chest pain or palpitation.
- Progressively reduce effort tolerance over the days.
- History of heart attack or any heart disease.
- Uncomfortable feeling in the chest with positive family history of heart disease or sudden death.